Wednesday, September 22, 2010

즐거운 추석 보내세요!! & Happy Mid-Autumn Festival!!

즐거운 추석 보내세요!! & Happy Mid-Autumn Festival!!


I love lanterns. It would be soo nice to hang them all in the room & lit them up. My parents usually line them up on our balcony & lit them up. Its such a nice view.
Moon cake, A must to eat on such festival.
they call this pig in a basket XD The cookies are really in the shape of piggy XD (loved them when i was small)


Its Mid-Autumn festival today. Which means the end of the year is coming soon & thus marks the new year again.

This year in SG, on my way home in the bus,  i see families & neighbors gather together to hold paper lanterns & roam around the neighborhood.  It really seems fun, chatting with your friends or neighbor while walking about. It held a special meaning to it. Some kids are even playing fireworks~ Cool~

Back when i was still in my hometown with my family, we would cook a feast to eat then we set up small tables by the balcony to pray to the sky. The moon is usually rounder, brighter & prettiest during Mid-Autumn festival :) Me and my little brothers will roam around our neighborhood holding our lantern while saying "Holding Lantern" in Chinese as we walk about. Then we will play with the remaining colored candles for the lantern. We would lit them all up and form a line & such. Just for fun XD

 After that, we head back home & sat at the balcony with our parents to eat moon cake & drink tea. We chit chat while gazing at the beautiful moon on that night. That was a sweet memory...

But...now that I'm working in overseas...chances are limited to go back often to celebrate festivals with my parents. Seeing people buying moon cakes, buying lanterns, Kids playing around with lanterns..i felt lonely...that im alone in such a far place....the loneliness can be unbearable at times. How I wish i can walk around with lanterns with my family & friends...rather then sitting in my room all alone...

Ahh! cut the nonsense during such festival XD Wish everyone a HAPPY MOON CAKE FESTIVAL!! ENJOY!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment